Vocational Education and Training Fees
Please click here for Vocational Education and Training (VET) Fees
Please click here for our policy on fee payment plans
Higher Education Fees
Higher Education Tuition Fees (Domestic and International)
Please click here for credit points, EFTSL values and student contribution band information for higher education subjects
FEE-Help, HECS-Help and Centrelink Eligibility
FEE-HELP & HECS-HELP
- eligible students in any of Tabor’s higher education courses (Associate Degrees, Bachelor Degrees, Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas, Master Degrees and Doctor of Ministry) are able to obtain a FEE-HELP loan to cover the cost of their tuition fees; and
- HECS-HELP loans are available to a limited number of Education students in specified teacher education courses.
While HELP loans are not available for students in Vocational Education and Training courses, the tuition fees for these courses will be significantly lower than those for higher education courses.
HELP loans offer some significant benefits, for example:
Students who use the HELP system do not need to pay any tuition fees up-front.Students may pay a proportion of their fees up-front and cover the remainder with a HELP loan. HELP loans prevent students or potential students from being excluded because they cannot afford to pay their tuition fees. HELP loans make the process of gaining a reputable qualification, with all the related employment benefits, easier for many students to attain.
- FEE-HELP is a Commonwealth Government loan program to assist eligible students in higher education courses offered by approved institutions to pay their tuition fees.
- To be eligible for FEE-HELP you must be an Australian citizen or the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the subject of study.
- HECS-HELP is a Commonwealth Government loan scheme that applies only to students in Commonwealth supported places. Tabor is able to offer a number of Commonwealth supported places in Teacher Education.
- Students in these places are Commonwealth supported students and do not need to pay tuition fees but need to pay a student contribution which is significanlty less than the full tuition fee.
- To be eligible for HECS-HELP at Tabor you must be an Australian citizen or the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa and be allocated one of the College’s National Priority Places in teaching.
ABSTUDY, AUSTUDY & YOUTH ALLOWANCE
ABSTUDY, Austudy and Youth Allowance are available for qualifying students studying in courses up to and including graduate diploma level. Recipients are required to make satisfactory progress for studies to continue.
Information and application is made directly to Centrelink. (http://www.centrelink.gov.au/)
It is YOUR responsibility to notify Centrelink of any changes to your circumstances and enrolment. Please note that Tabor is required to report student enrolment, attendance and results to Centrelink when requested.
Course and Tuition Assurance Arrangements
Under the provisions of the Higher Education Support Act 2003, Tabor is obliged to provide domestic students with a course assurance arrangement. The objective of such an arrangement is to afford protection to students by ensuring that, if Tabor ceases to be able to provide a course of study, all students enrolled in a course are able to either:
- enrol in a similar course of study with another higher education provider and receive full credit towards the same or a comparable qualification from the second provider for any successfully completed units of study undertaken as part of that course of study; OR
- receive a refund of any student contribution amount or tuition fee paid for any undelivered unit of study. (A refund need not be paid to a student where Tabor, with the agreement of the student, transfers to another provider the student’s contribution amount or tuition fee for any uncompleted units of study in order for the student to complete study with that provider).
Tabor meets this obligation through membership of the TAFE Directors Australia Tuition Assurance Scheme
Please click here for further information.