The School of Education celebrates the profession of teaching by working with students who have a passion and calling to teach. The learning community within the School of Education, is rich and diverse. Strong friendships are formed due to low class sizes and personal care taken by staff members. Students grow together as they are encouraged to think through educational issues and to develop an understanding of what it means to be an excellent teacher. We encourage anyone who has a passion to teach and a passion to learn to consider Tabor for their teacher preparation.
Graduate teachers need to be proficient in the range of skills that are required in State schools and Independent schools, in both rural and metropolitan settings.
These skills include:
• Developing and teaching appropriate curriculum
• Building strong foundations in maths and literacy
• Understanding how to differentiate the curriculum to meet the diverse needs of students
• Behaviour management strategies
• Assessment and reporting
• Building strong, ethical, professional relationships with students and parents
• Identifying and responding to current trends in Education, locally, nationally and globally.
It is a busy yet professionally rewarding life!