inScribe is an exciting new literary journal run by the students of Tabor’s Creative Writing & Communication program. The journal aims to share and inspire meaningful encounters with the world through the diverse art of creative writing.
In particular, inScribe offers a voice to writers working from a basis of Christian spiritual and moral conviction. Such writing may be highbrow or humorous, literary or light-hearted, sober or satirical, down to earth or out of this world entirely!
We accept original submissions of short fiction in any genre (up to 3500 words), both formal and free verse poetry (individual poems up to 50 lines) as well as works of creative nonfiction (up to 3500 words).
We are currently seeking submissions for our first edition, set for release in February 2021 and which will explore the theme of Gift. To be considered for publication, submissions should be received no later than Friday 30th October 2020.
Please refer to the following guidelines when sending us your work:
- In preparing your work for submission, take note of any advertised themes for our up-coming editions
- Be sure to edit and proofread your work thoroughly prior to sending it to inScribe
- Email your submission as an attached Microsoft Word document to email@example.com
- Please ensure the attached file bears the same name as the title of your work
- Include the title and genre of your work in the email subject heading – e.g.:
- You may submit as many works as you like, but please send a separate email for each title
- In the body of your email, provide your full name and contact details (i.e. postal address, email address and phone number) together with a short (40-50 word) author bio. You may include links to author pages and other online profiles.
- Please remove your name and any identifying information from the attached document – each title will be subject to a blind reading by multiple members of our editorial team
- Be sure to observe the maximum length of 3,500 words per story (fiction and non-fiction) and 50 lines per individual poem
- We ask that you format your submission using a plain, size 12pt font (e.g. Arial, Calibri or Times New Roman) with 1.5 line spacing