Dr Christopher Johnstone
HEAD OF THEOLOGY (PERTH)
I have been a licensed minister since 1991 and an academic staff member / lecturer at Tabor (Perth campus) since 1996. Married in 1987, I have two mature-aged children and one grandchild.
I gain great satisfaction from my role on the pastoral leadership team in my local church and especially through my teaching role at Tabor in helping people understand the key unifying themes of the Bible and to equip them with the necessary skills, knowledge, and resources to read and teach faithfully from the scriptures for themselves.
Theological education is my primary ministry calling and teaching my main gifting. My Honours thesis examined the concept of perfection in the letter to the Hebrews, and my PhD research critiqued N.T. Wright’s concept of ‘story’ and examined its hermeneutical value for reading the Synoptic Gospels.
- Engaging the Christian Scriptures
- Introduction to the Old Testament
- Introduction to the New Testament
- Introduction to Biblical Interpretation
- Romans Exegesis and Pauline Theology
- Synoptic Gospels Exegesis
Unpublished PhD thesis: Jesus and the Climax of Israel’s Story: An Exploration of the Hermeneutic of ‘Story’ with reference to Matthew 24-25, Mark 13 and Luke 21. Available online at: http://researchrepository.murdoch.edu.au/15871/
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
- Graduate Diploma in Education
- Bachelor of Theology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Arts (Biblical Language)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110)
- Head of Theology (Perth)
- Lived in three countries (NZ, USA and AUST). Coached WACFA U17 Boys to national soccer title.
- Interested in family activities; theological education; local church ministry/leadership; travel; rugby; soccer.
More staff in Faculty of Ministry Practice
See all of our staff