Tales from the Upper Room is a unique anthology of short fiction, creative non-fiction and poetry, written by students, staff and alumni of the Tabor Creative Writing Program. We encourage anyone affiliated with the Program to submit their creative work to us for consideration. As a guide to what we publish, be sure to read some previous editions of Tales from the Upper Room.
We are currently seeking submissions for our 2020 edition of Tales. To be considered for publication in our next edition, submissions should be sent before Friday 19th June 2020.
Please refer to the following submission guidelines before sending us your work:
- After you have edited your work to the highest possible standard, please email your submission as an attached Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please send a separate email for each submission and include your name, the title, and the type of work (poetry, fiction or nonfiction) in the subject heading – e.g.:
John Clark_Runaway Train_Fiction
Lucy Lieu_Never Again_Nonfiction
- Maximum length of 3,000 words per story (fiction and non-fiction)
- Maximum of 50 lines per poem
- Use a plain font (e.g. Arial or Times New Roman) size 12
- Line Spacing: 1.5
- For prose: first paragraph (or section) left aligned, subsequent paragraphs indented
- Please also include a short (30-50 word) bio in the body of your email submission