Study at tabor
Higher Education Fee Information
Higher Education Tuition Fees
FEE-HELP & HECS-HELP
- Eligible students in any of Tabor’s higher education courses (Bachelor Degrees, Graduate Certificates, Graduate Diplomas and Master Degrees) are able to obtain a FEE-HELP loan to cover the cost of their tuition fees; and
- HECS-HELP loans are available to a limited number of Education students in specified teacher education courses.
HELP loans offer some significant benefits, for example:
Students who use the HELP system do not need to pay any tuition fees up-front. Students may pay a proportion of their fees up-front and cover the remainder with a HELP loan. HELP loans prevent students or potential students from being excluded because they cannot afford to pay their tuition fees. HELP loans make the process of gaining a reputable qualification, with all the related employment benefits, easier for many students to attain.
- FEE-HELP is a Commonwealth Government loan program to assist eligible students in higher education courses offered by approved institutions to pay their tuition fees.
- To be eligible for FEE-HELP you must be an Australian citizen or the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa who will be resident in Australia for the duration of the subject of study.
- HECS-HELP is a Commonwealth Government loan scheme that applies only to students in Commonwealth supported places. Tabor is able to offer a number of Commonwealth supported places in Teacher Education.
- Students in these places are Commonwealth supported students and do not need to pay tuition fees but need to pay a student contribution which is significantly less than the full tuition fee.
- To be eligible for HECS-HELP at Tabor you must be an Australian citizen or the holder of a permanent humanitarian visa and be allocated one of the College’s National Priority Places in teaching.
ABSTUDY, Austudy & Youth Allowance
ABSTUDY, Austudy and Youth Allowance are available for qualifying students studying in courses up to and including graduate diploma level. Recipients are required to make satisfactory progress for studies to continue.
Information and application is made directly to Centrelink.
It is YOUR responsibility to notify Centrelink of any changes to your circumstances and enrolment. Please note that Tabor is required to report student enrolment, attendance and results to Centrelink when requested.
Course and Tuition Assurance Arrangements
Tabor provides tuition assurance to support students enrolled in a course of study in the event that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we are no longer able to offer the concerned course of study.
For students who are Australian citizens or permanent residents in Australia paying fees themselves, financial provision is made to allow immediate refunds. For students using FEE-HELP or HECS-HELP, the Government has introduced new arrangements from 1 January 2018 that include exempting particular higher education providers from Tuition Assurance, subject to meeting certain conditions. Learn more about this in Tabor’s Tuition Assurance Policy.
Apply Now to Study
Click here to apply for Tertiary Diplomas, Degrees and Postgraduate awards
Read about admission pathways, ATAR's and other useful information here
Tabor Early Entry (TEE)
Tabor Early Entry (TEE) is a tertiary entry pathway option for students in Year 11, 12 or 13 who already know they want to change the world and don’t want to wait for an ATAR to secure their place
Cross Institutional Study
Studying a degree at another University and want to take a subject at Tabor that contributes to that degree?
If studying for credit isn't for you, or perhaps you just want to get a taste of what Tabor has to offer, why not Audit a subject?
Registration of Interest
Not sure what you want to study yet? Want more information? Register your interest here
Subject outlines for the 2014-2021 and the 2022-2029 accreditations can be found here
Information on course admission such as ATAR requirements
Get a grasp on our tuition fees for education
Read about your rights and responsibilities as a student
Access our policies for academic and campus life
Quality at Tabor
See how the quality of our teaching is assured