Tabor’s Master of Leadership is aimed at high level leaders in faith-based organisations and seeks to equip graduates with the knowledge and skills to function as successful organisational leaders.
The course is designed to provide a sound understanding of leadership theories, ethical responsibilities of leaders, the fundamental principles and practices of self-leadership, the key components in leading teams in innovative ways, and the practice and value of strategic leadership, all in conversation with the rich tradition of Christian thought. As a result, students who complete the award will have at their disposal an advanced and integrated education that enables them to lead as Christians at significant levels of responsibility in a more effective and productive manner. Furthermore, students will develop the knowledge and skills to be able to undertake organisational improvement projects that add value to the structures and practices of their vocational context.
About This Course
Leaders at all levels of responsibility in faith-based organisations, including senior, executive, departmental, and other areas of leadership, are expected to function successfully and appropriately within their professional context. This not only requires a deep understanding of and engagement with their specific context but also the capacity to lead people well by discerning and managing responsible action in the face of complex demands. In order to succeed here, leaders need an advanced understanding of core leadership theories, underpinnings and practices, and how these principles are effectively implemented in their professional context. All of Tabor’s leadership courses involve thoughtful engagement with the richness of the Christian tradition, making them ideally suited for people with responsibility for leading faith-based organisations.
Tabor’s Master of Leadership is particularly designed for senior leaders, who hold significant roles of influence within their organisation. Building on the foundations laid by the Graduate Certificate and Diploma, it deepens individual’s capacity to lead both within and outside of their organization, providing them with the knowledge and skills they need to address significant issues within their organizational context, thus providing their organization with the best opportunity to thrive and grow. The Master of Leadership concludes with a capstone project, which provides an opportunity for students to apply leadership theory to address a significant issue, challenge or problem their organization is facing. Overall, the course aims to form graduates into highly competent and thoughtful leaders who are trained to be of greater benefit to their faith-based organisations and beyond.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates of a Master’s Degree (Coursework) will have:
- a body of knowledge that includes the understanding of recent developments in a discipline and/or area of professional practice
- knowledge of research principles and methods applicable to a field of work and/or learning
Graduates of a Master’s Degree (Coursework) will have:
- cognitive skills to demonstrate mastery of theoretical knowledge and to reflect critically on theory and professional practice or scholarship
- cognitive, technical and creative skills to investigate, analyse and synthesise complex information, problems, concepts and theories and to apply established theories to different bodies of knowledge or practice
- cognitive, technical and creative skills to generate and evaluate complex ideas and concepts at an abstract level
- communication and technical research skills to justify and interpret theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions and professional decisions to specialist and non-specialist audiences
- technical and communication skills to design, evaluate, implement, analyse and theorise about developments that contribute to professional practice or scholarship
Graduates of a Master’s Degree (Coursework) will demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills:
- with creativity and initiative to new situations in professional practice and/or for further learning
- with high level personal autonomy and accountability
- to plan and execute a substantial research-based project, capstone experience and/or piece of scholarship
Graduates will be able to…
- Demonstrate an advanced and integrated knowledge of contemporary organisational leadership theory, principles, and practice, as it specifically pertains to faith-based organisations
- Explain key research principles and methods applicable to undertaking leadership focused research in leading faith-based organisations
- Reflect critically on the theory and practice of leading within and beyond faith based organisations in the light of contemporary scholarship
- Identify, analyse, and generate research-based solutions to complex problems and issues commonly encountered in leading faith-based organisations
- Investigate, evaluate, synthesise, and generate complex leadership ideas, concepts, and theories at an advanced and abstract level
- Justify, interpret, and communicate theoretical propositions, methodologies, conclusions, and professional decisions to other leaders, members of their organisations, and various stakeholders
- Apply their leadership knowledge and skills to new situations and challenges in faith based organisations, demonstrating a high level of personal autonomy, creativity, and initiative
- Initiate, plan, implement, and evaluate effective team leadership activities, processes and initiatives in faith-based organisations
- Evaluate, innovate, and promote practices and developments which engender organisational change and transformation and which lead to increased organisational effectiveness
- Plan, justify and execute a substantial research-based project/capstone experience that demonstrates their knowledge of the theory and practice of leadership within and beyond faith-based organisations
- Reflect on their vocation and practice of leadership in the light of what constitutes a meaningful life.
- Critically reflect on their own strengths as a leader and evaluate ways in which they can develop so that they are able to lead within and beyond faith-based organisations more effectively
Graduate Certificate in Leadership
Tabor’s Graduate Certificate in Leadership is particularly suited to people starting out on their professional leadership journey. It equips graduates with a deep understanding of key leadership theories and principles, and the knowledge and skills they need to make ethical decisions and lead teams, essentials task of all who are engaged in leadership roles.
Graduate Diploma in Leadership
Tabor’s Graduate Diploma in Leadership is designed for people who have some leadership experience, and who are looking to be better equipped for their current role and / or to take the next step on their leadership journey. Building on the foundation laid by the Graduate Certificate in Leadership, students are introduced to the key elements of innovative and entrepreneurial thinking and change management, essential requirements and skills for leading modern organisations.
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
Where can I study?
You can study fully online.
How long does it take?
1 year 6 months (18 months) full-time or part-time equivalent.
What do I need for entry?
The entry requirement for the Master of Leadership is an undergraduate degree in any field or approved equivalent. Students are also required to have three years relevant work experience in a professional role.
When can I start?
Semester 1 – February
Semester 2 – May
Semester 3 – July
Semester 4 – October
Graduate Diploma in Leadership after 1 year full-time or part-time equivalent.
Graduate Certificate in Leadership after 6 months full-time or part-time equivalent.
SATAC: Not applicable
MAKE AN ENQUIRY