About This Course
The Graduate Diploma in Divinity has proven to be a worthwhile choice for those seeking a flexible and accommodating study option which awakens and inspires a greater passion for Christian ministry and service.
The program places particular focus on the Christian scriptures, theology and church history. Comprising six (6) core units and two (2) elective units, Tabor’s Graduate Diploma in Divinity provides a more comprehensive program than the Graduate Certificate – the core units deliver a comprehensive syllabus to broaden the student’s understanding, while electives allow space for students to pursue their choice of professional and educational outcomes.
The breadth of the award makes it ideal for people who are exploring their calling, studying with specific vocational goals in mind (e.g., Christian teachers looking to broaden their employment opportunities), as well as those who plan to use their learning in a variety of different Christian ministry contexts. Graduates may find employment in local churches in associate leadership roles or as lay leaders.
Course Learning Outcomes
Graduates will have:
- an advanced and integrated knowledge of the underlying principles and concepts of the Christian faith and ministry, with depth in Christian studies or vocational praxis
Graduates will be able to:
- Analyse the biblical text critically and faithfully, and evaluate, consolidate and synthesise the interpretations of others
- Discern how their faith informs their vocational choices
- Exercise independent critical thinking, reflection and judgement in order to analyse and design approaches to contemporary issues
- Construct and convey biblical and theological knowledge and ideas in diverse contexts
Graduates will be able to demonstrate the application of knowledge and skills:
- With advanced biblical and theological knowledge and vocational skills in diverse contexts
- Exercise independent critical thinking, reflection and judgement in order to analyse and design approaches to contemporary social and theological issues
- Engage in ethical, informed, and reflective vocational practice in a variety of contexts
Graduates will be able to:
- Assess their own spiritual, theological and ministerial formation and integration, and identify possible vocational directions
Graduate Certificate in Divinity
With its focus on the Christian scriptures, theology and church history, the Graduate Certificate in Divinity is an excellent choice for students seeking a short and flexible study option designed to awaken and inspire a greater passion for Christian ministry and service.
Graduate Diploma in Spiritual Direction
In a fast-paced and consumerist culture, people of all walks are hungering for a grounded spiritual journey. Spiritual direction is an ancient practice where through hospitable conversation, one person helps another discern and respond to God’s presence in the sacred stories of daily life. Grounded in the Christian tradition, Tabor’s Graduate Diploma in Spiritual Direction forms people for this ministry.
Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity is a holistic and flexible award with a variety of vocational outcomes, open to people who hold a non-ministry or theology undergraduate degree. Whether you are interested in exploring a calling to Christian ministry, want to develop a deeper understanding of the Christian faith and Scriptures, or be equipped for a specific ministry vocation, the Master of Divinity is the award for you.
- Elective 1
- Elective 2
- Elective 3
- Elective 4
Options vary and are subject to availability.
How long does it take?
1 year full-time or part-time equivalent.
What do I need for entry?
Successful completion of a 3-year Bachelor’s degree in any field other than Ministry of Theology.
When can I start?
Semester 1 – February
Semester 2 – July
Graduate Certificate in Divinity after 6 months full-time or part-time equivalent.
SATAC: Not applicable
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
Faculty of Ministry Practice
Phone:1300 482 267