About This Course
The Undergraduate Certificate in Ministry provides students with a basic awareness of the key doctrines of the Christian faith, the main themes and structure of the biblical text, and the nature and scope of Christian ministry. The Undergraduate Certificate in Ministry provides students with a basic awareness of the key doctrines of the Christian faith, the main themes and structure of the biblical text, and the nature and scope of Christian ministry.
The certificate is targeted at Christians who are looking to be or already are active in part-time or volunteer ministry capacities (e.g. youth group leader, home-group leader, mum’s group leader) and would like to be equipped to better serve in these spaces. No prior study required.
Course Learning Outcomes
- Discuss the main elements and themes of the biblical narrative and their implications for Christian life and ministry
- Identify central theological doctrines and how they influence the nature and practice of ministry
- Utilise theological and biblical knowledge to address challenges and issues in ministry contexts
- Responsibly apply hermeneutical principles to interpret biblical texts
- Reflect on personal calling and ministry vocation in light of their Christian faith
Bachelor of Ministry
The Bachelor of Ministry program at Tabor holistically prepares students for vocational and professional roles which bring glory to God through Christian work, in both word and deed.
Bachelor of Theology
The primary goal of Tabor’s Bachelor of Theology course is to develop graduates who are creative theological thinkers, and nurture in them an ability to draw critically on the biblical witness and traditions of the church.
- Elective 1
Options vary and are subject to availability.
How long does it take?
6 months full-time or part-time equivalent.
When can I start?
Semester 1 – February
Semester 2 – July