About This Course
The Bachelor of Music is designed to prepare graduates for success in a wide range of music industry careers. The music program at Tabor offers a creative and vibrant community where every individual is encouraged and supported to reach their full potential as a professionally-developed musician/music instructor.
For a tertiary experience truly like no other, choose Music at Tabor.
Music application/audition information.
Tabor’s Bachelor of Music will enable those with a demonstrated capacity in a range of musical performance styles to work professionally within music industries and/or as instrumental music instructors within schools.
This course is designed with a holistic approach to music and musical performance, so students can enter the industry with early-career professional skills in a wide variety of areas, such as performance, sound tech production, music theatre, composition and song-writing, theory, performing arts, and more.
This award leads to recognition with the Teacher’s Registration Board of SA for “Special Authority for an Unregistered Person to Teach as an Instrumental Music Instructor.” Students wishing to become a classroom music teacher will also need to complete an initial Teacher Education award, such as Tabor’s 2-year Master of Teaching.
Bachelor of Education (Secondary)
For over 20 years, Tabor has professionally trained and personally developed passionate educators; preparing them for teaching careers in all school settings – public, independent and Christian.
- HSM101.5 Foundations of Performance
- HSM202.5 Principal Instrument Study
- HSM131.7 Music Education
- HSM203.7 Performance Skills for the Music Industry
- HSM204.7 Performance in Practice
- HSM205.7 Mastering the Art of Performance
- HSM206.7 Professional Performance Studies
- HSM112.5 World Music and Early European Music Genres
- HSM121.5 Fundamentals of Music Notation and Aural Skills
- HSM113.5 Classical to Modern Music
- HSM222.7 Harmony and Analysis
- HSM223.7 Advanced Theoretical Concepts in Music Practice
- HSM225.7 Scoring for Film and Television
- HSM114.7 Instrumental Studies and Pedagogy
- HSM224.7 Digital Music and Composition
- HSM115.7 Industry Placement (12 cps)
- MTO141.5 Meaningful Living
- MTG00.5 The Biblical Story for Everyone
- EDU211.7 Ethical Understandings
Where can I study?
You can study on-campus and partially online.
Adelaide – Millswood SA
Offered partially online
What do I need for entry?
Qualify for mature age entry
Places will be allocated on the basis of applicant suitability assessed through audition, aural and theory tests, as well as academic results.
To book your audition, visit music.tabor.edu.au
Applicants will be contacted directly to arrange an audition date and time.
When can I start?
Semester 1 – February
Semester 2 – July
MAKE AN ENQUIRY