Dr Aaron Chalmers
Chief Academic Officer | Dean of Students
Aaron Chalmers is Chief Academic Officer and Dean of Students. His roles includes academic leadership, quality assurance and compliance, overseeing student support, lecturing, and (occasionally) writing. He is a well-regarded lecturer, who teaches in the field of Old Testament and hermeneutics, and is passionate about helping Christians to engage with the Hebrew Scriptures. He does this through his lecturing in class, preaching in churches, and writing books which equip people with the knowledge and skills they need to be better interpreters of the biblical text. He is married and has four school-age children. He supports Port Power in the AFL and enjoys playing board games.
- Interpreting the Old Testament
- Pentateuch Exegesis and Theology for Proclamation
- Prophets Exegesis and Theology for Proclamation
Chalmers, A. “Amos” and “Hosea,” Preaching Today, Forthcoming.
Chalmers, A. “The Influence of Cognitive Biases on Biblical Interpretation,” Bulletin for Biblical Research 26/4 (2016): 467-480.
Chalmers, A. Interpreting the Prophets. London: SPCK and Downers Grove: IVP, 2015.
- Doctor of Philosophy
- Graduate Diploma in Ministry
- Bachelor of Theology (Honours)
- Chief Academic Officer
- Dean of Students
- Senior Lecturer
- Currently completing a book manuscript focused on everyday life in Old Testament times
- Aaron is a former student of Tabor who met his wife while studying here
- Interested in pop culture and the Christian faith, and reading graphic novels
More staff in Faculty of Ministry Practice
See all of our staff