Upon graduation, you’ll be equipped to:
- Infuse your classroom with Christian values and principles.
- Teach religious education effectively across disciplines.
- Nourish spiritual growth among students.
- Lead with a deep understanding of biblical and theological elements.
About This Course
The Graduate Certificate in Christian Education is built upon the foundation of enriching both intellectual and spiritual dimensions of education. As an interdisciplinary program, it draws from biblical studies, theological exploration, curriculum design, and pedagogical theories to develop educators who can confidently deliver exceptional Christian education.
- Dual Focus: The program uniquely addresses the intersection of ministry and education, allowing educators to effectively integrate Christian principles across various subjects.
- Academic Excellence: Led by experienced faculty, the program delves into key biblical and theological elements, providing a deep understanding that enhances teaching practices.
- Holistic Growth: Beyond academics, the program emphasises personal formation, character development, and spiritual vitality for educators and students alike.
- Practical Application: Graduates will be equipped to navigate complex issues, foster meaningful dialogue, and uphold Christian values within diverse educational settings.
Course Learning Outcomes
Knowledge: Graduates will understand key biblical and theological elements for educational settings.
- Explain key biblical and theological elements of the Christian faith as applied in educational settings.
Skills: Graduates will possess cognitive, technical, creative, and communication skills to handle complex ideas and concepts.
- Communicate the role of curriculum in Christian educational settings as well as the issues associated with its implementation in this context.
- Evaluate different interpretations of central biblical and theological topics and ideas.
Application of Knowledge and Skills: Graduates will confidently apply knowledge and skills, making informed decisions in various contexts.
- Prepare teaching and learning experiences that are informed by a Christian understanding of a teacher’s identity and practice.
- Independently employ foundational biblical and theological knowledge to provide solutions to contemporary issues in life, faith, and Christian schooling.
Personhood: Graduates will reflect on how biblical and theological concepts shape their personal growth and teaching practice.
- Critically reflect on the significance of key biblical and theological concepts for their own personal formation and their practice as teachers.
Join Our Community:
Tabor’s Graduate Certificate in Christian Education brings together a diverse community of teachers, leaders, and students who share a commitment to shaping the future of Christian education. Experience the transformative power of academic rigor, spiritual growth, and meaningful dialogue within a dynamic learning environment.
For more information about the program, admission details, and how to apply, please fill in the form on this page or email MPAdmin@adelaide.tabor.edu.au.
Master of Education
Tabor’s proud history of delivering ‘best practice’ teacher education in South Australia spans more than 20 years.
Graduate Diploma in Divinity
The Graduate Diploma in Divinity has proven to be a worthwhile choice for those seeking a flexible and accommodating study option which awakens and inspires a greater passion for Christian ministry and service.
Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity is a holistic and flexible award with a variety of vocational outcomes, open to people who hold a non-ministry or theology undergraduate degree. Whether you are interested in exploring a calling to Christian ministry, want to develop a deeper understanding of the Christian faith and Scriptures, or be equipped for a specific ministry vocation, the Master of Divinity is the award for you.
The program spans one semester (15 weeks full-time or part-time equivalent) and encompasses core units that delve into spirituality, curriculum design, the biblical story, and exploring Christian faith. These units form a cohesive framework to empower educators in delivering exceptional Christian education.
- EDC112.8 – Spirituality and Justice in Christian Education
- EDC123.8 – Teaching and Curriculum Design in Christian Education Settings
- MTG100.8E – The Biblical Story for Educators
- MTG130.8E – Exploring the Christian Faith for Educators
Pathways for Growth
- The Graduate Certificate in Christian Education serves as a stepping stone to further academic pursuits.
- Graduates can articulate from this award with full credit points and seamlessly transition to the Graduate Diploma in Divinity, the Master of Education.
- The course also articulates significantly into the Master of Leadership.
- These pathways provide specialised insights for individuals aiming to deepen their knowledge and impact within faith-based education.
Where can I study?
You can study fully online.
How long does it take?
15 weeks full-time or part-time equivalent.
What do I need for entry?
Completion of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably with a Credit average of at least 5.0. Candidates must have completed a previous Bachelor of Education or an approved equivalent.
When can I start?
Semester 1 – February
Semester 2 – July