Dr David Turnbull
HEAD OF INTERCULTURAL STUDIES
David, the Head of Intercultural Studies, arrived at Tabor in 2004, and is one of the leading proponents in Adelaide for cross-cultural ministry. The cross-cultural journey started in Papua New Guinea as a child, and in the early 1980s he returned for a ten-week short-term trip. This life-changing and mission affirming experience commenced a personal adventure in crossing borders which has spanned over four decades and four continents (primarily Africa) in the areas of training, equipping and facilitating through local churches, mission agencies, Missions Interlink locally and nationally, the Australian Association for Mission Studies and the Lausanne Movement. His passion is to see God’s people engage the nations in Australia and beyond for the good news of Christ, to help students find their niche in God’s mission and develop their cultural intelligence. Currently, David is also Global Interaction’s State Director for SA/NT. David is married to Cheryl with one son, Matthew.
Read David‘s Mahara Profile ›
- Christianity and Culture
- Intercultural Life and Work
- Poverty and Community Development
- World Religions
- Global Trends and Developments
- Doing Theology within the Global Church
- Diversity and Ministry
- Supervised Intercultural Field Education A
- Supervised Intercultural Field Education B
Turnbull, David. “Clergy and Diasporic Voices in Australia: Deepening the Conversation Through Cultural Intelligence.” Australian Journal of Mission Studies 9, no. 2 (2015): 3-9.
Turnbull, David. “The Christian Salad – How to Keep It Fresh? Insights for Christian Leadership from Other Professional Communities.” Australian Journal of Mission Studies 6, no. 1 (2012): 12-19.
- PhD in Theology
- Master of Arts (World Religions)
- Bachelor of Theology
- Bachelor of Arts
- Head of Intercultural Studies
- After a long-distance relationship, David proposed to Cheryl by cassette tape
- Interested in Global sport, travelling beyond Australia, and cross-cultural engagement
More staff in Faculty of Ministry Practice
See all of our staff