About This Course
Tabor Changemaker is a unique gap year program for those seeking an alternative path filled with learning and purpose. Combining study, volunteerism and skills-based workshops, this 12-month course is designed to help you grow, allows you to make a real-world difference and obtain an undergraduate certificate in Ministry:
- MTG100.5 The Biblical Story for Everyone
- MTG130.5 Exploring the Christian Faith OR
- MTO141.5 Meaningful Living
- In not-for-profit or ministry based organisations
Complete online workshops to develop your skills in areas of interest such as:
- Effective communication
- Public speaking
- Developing resilience
- Leadership & management
- Digital marketing
- Integrating work & faith
- Contextualising the gospel
- and more
- Nationally recognised Undergraduate Certificate
- Make lifelong friendships in a supportive community
- Can be completed anywhere in Australia
- FEE Help available
- Completion fulfils academic requirements for entry into most of Tabor’s undergrad awards
- Can be partially or fully credited toward many of Tabor’s Bachelor degrees
- Explore your passions and interests
- Make a tangible difference in the world through practical service
Course Learning Outcomes Ministry
At Tabor College, our Undergraduate Certificate in Ministry aims to equip you with essential knowledge, skills, and personal growth to thrive in your Christian ministry journey. Through a diverse range of courses and practical experiences, you will:
- Understand Biblical Foundations
- Grasp Theological Doctrines
- Develop Practical Skills
- Explore Personal Calling
- Apply Knowledge and Skills
- Interpret Scripture Effectively
- Consider Future Directions
Diploma of Ministry and Theology
Tabor’s Diploma of Ministry and Theology empowers you for Christian ministry. Deepen your biblical understanding, enhance communication skills, and explore specializations like Christian Studies and Ministry Practice.
Bachelor of Ministry
The Bachelor of Ministry program at Tabor holistically prepares students for vocational and professional roles which bring glory to God through Christian work, in both word and deed.
Bachelor of Theology
The primary goal of Tabor’s Bachelor of Theology course is to develop graduates who are creative theological thinkers, and nurture in them an ability to draw critically on the biblical witness and traditions of the church.
- 2 x Ministry Units
- Complete skills-based online workshops;
- Volunteer hours within not-for-profit organisations;
- Complete assessments evaluating and analysing gap year experiences.
How long does it take?
12 months full-time or part-time equivalent.
*Not available full-time in every intake.
When can I start?
Semester 1 – February
Semester 2 – July