Upon successful completion of the Diploma of Leadership (Ministry), graduates will be prepared for a range of professional roles in ministry and community leadership. Some potential career outcomes include:
- Church Leadership: Graduates can assume leadership positions within churches, overseeing various aspects such as youth ministry, worship, pastoral care, or community outreach.
- Non-Profit Organisations: Graduates can work in non-profit organisations focused on community development, social justice, or humanitarian efforts.
- Community Leadership: Graduates can take on leadership roles within community organisations, working to address local issues, coordinate events, and facilitate positive change.
- Chaplaincy: Graduates may pursue opportunities in chaplaincy, providing spiritual support and guidance in various settings, including hospitals, correctional facilities, and armed forces.
About This Course
The Diploma of Leadership (Ministry) is designed for individuals seeking to develop their leadership skills and make a meaningful impact on the challenges faced by the Australian Church and other communities. This diploma focuses on equipping passionate individuals with the necessary leadership and communication skills for Kingdom ministry.
Building upon Tabor’s esteemed reputation in ministry, theology, and applied social sciences, the The Diploma of Leadership (Ministry) provides a solid foundation in leadership theory and practical application. It is ideal for those exploring their call to leadership or desiring to enhance their leadership capabilities in their current roles.
Course Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Diploma of Leadership (Ministry), graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of leadership theories and their practical application in ministry and community settings.
- Effectively lead and manage individuals and teams, demonstrating skills in communication, conflict resolution, and decision-making.
- Apply critical thinking and problem-solving abilities to address challenges and opportunities within ministry and community contexts.
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of biblical principles and their application in leadership and ministry practice.
- Integrate ethical principles and values into leadership decisions and actions, displaying integrity and professionalism.
- Engage in reflective practice, self-assessment, and ongoing personal and professional development to enhance leadership capabilities.
- Collaborate with diverse individuals and groups, respecting cultural and social differences and fostering inclusive and supportive environments.
- Contribute to the growth and development of the church, community, and society through effective leadership and service.
These course learning outcomes ensure that graduates of the Diploma of Leadership (Ministry) are equipped with the skills, knowledge, and values necessary to make a positive impact in their chosen leadership roles within ministry and community settings.
Bachelor of Leadership (Ministry)
The Bachelor of Leadership (Ministry) is the perfect course for those passionate about evangelism, social justice, community development, and Kingdom ministry.
Choose electives from the list or, with Head of Ministry’s approval, from relevant Tabor bachelor awards. Conditions: units meet DipLead(Min) outcomes, prerequisites are fulfilled, and course coordinator approves. One level 7 elective allowed in Diploma, excluding first semester.
- MTL202.5 Innovation and Social Entrepreneurship
- MTL204.7 Strategic Thinking
- MTG130.5 Exploring the Christian Faith
- MTG200.7 Interpreting the Old Testament
- MTG201.7 Interpreting the New Testament
- MTO141.5 Meaningful Living
- HSC104.5 Foundations of Therapeutic Practice
- HSC200.5 Counselling Skills
- HSS103.5 Introduction to Sociology
- HSY100.5 Relational Youth Work
Options vary and are subject to availability.
How long does it take?
1 year full-time or part-time equivalent.
When can I start?
Semester 1 – February
Semester 2 – July