Head of Youth Work | Field Education Coordinator/Supervisor
As an experienced and knowledgeable lecturer in both youth work and counselling at Tabor Adelaide, Richard Schirmer brings over 20 years of practical experience in the field. He is well-respected within the industry and holds a Bachelor of Arts from University of Qld and a Master of Counselling Practice from Tabor. Additionally, he has completed an Advanced Diploma in Community Sector Management and an Advanced Certificate in Clinical Supervision to round out his Social Sector specialised skills.
Richard’s expertise lies in working with young people and adults who have experienced trauma, including those who have been involved in the criminal justice system and those who have experienced abuse and neglect. He is skilled in facilitating groups, designing and delivering training programs, and working collaboratively with community organizations.
Along with his work at Tabor Adelaide, Richard is involved in several community initiatives and has served on various boards and committees. He is passionate about empowering young people to reach their full potential and is committed to helping others develop the skills and knowledge needed to make a positive impact in the lives of young people.
- HSY100.5 Relational Youth Work
- HSY101.5 Critical Youth Work
- HSS101.5 Case Management and Practice Interventions
- HSY205.7 Researching Young People
- HSY204.7 Youth Violence and Crime
- HSY206.7 Youth Work and Global Ideologies
- HSY206.7 Youth Work Field Education 2
- HSC211.9 Relationship Counselling
- HSC203.7 Counselling Field Education 2
- Head of Youth Work
- Field Experience Lecturer
- Richard loves spending time with his family, especially watching his children’s various sporting pursuits and highly engaged in recent new role as a first time Grandfather.
- Richard’s key personal hobby is in coaching AFL, where he is currently a level 2 coach working in the U16 boys’ program at South Adelaide Football club in the SANFL.
- Finally, Richard particularly loves to any time he can share good food, wine and company with valued friends and family.
More staff in Youth Work
See all of our staff